Mission: It is the mission of Fly Sun Valley Alliance to actively pursue and secure improved air service access to the Wood River Valley and support airport operations, infrastructure and services that benefit visitors and residents. FSVA is a non-profit 501c6 organization and our board members are all volunteers with a diverse array of experience and expertise.
Our Key Focus Areas:
- Ensure sufficient capacity and quality of airline seats
- Implement a strategic air service retention and development program
- Work with the airlines to secure new service into SUN.
- Raise funds to support Minimum Revenue Guarentees( MRGs) for air service.
- Retain existing service into SUN.
- Analyze economic impact of air service through air passenger research
- Work with airport and airlines on enhancing the customer experience
BACKGROUND: Most airlines now require a Minimum Revenue Guarantee (MRG) to ensure the profitability of their route into smaller, seasonal markets like SUN. Additional airline seats into Sun Valley are needed as part of a comprehensive effort to stimulate the local economy.
Fly Sun Valley Alliance, in partnership with the Sun Valley Resort and other local businesses, helps raise funds to financially support improved air and ground access to the Wood River Valley. The major fundraising programs of Fly Sun Valley Alliance are Ski for Air Service Day, sales of the Air Support Business Ski Passes, and Realtors for Air program.